Breathtaking Views in Peaceful Surroundings
Retreat to the forest for a relaxed break in our self contained and secluded “Room with a View” at Hill Farm, Tintern.
Enjoy spectacular views over the Wye Valley, ideal for guests who want to take time out to reconnect with nature, and enjoy the peace and serenity of this fabulous location.
Book Now for 2021 Summer Season
1st April – 30th September 2021
Wake up to the bird song and enjoy your morning cup of tea or coffee overlooking the spectacular Wye Valley. With one of the best views of Tintern, Hill Farm is rural enough to be quiet with an abundance of plants and wildlife, but close enough to Tintern, The Abbey and all other attractions across the Wye Valley and The Forest of Dean. Our 15 acre house, land and woodlands are situated up a forestry track which is a little bumpy, but gives the location a sense of remoteness.
Our room with a view has its own amenities including a kitchenette, toilet and shower and private entrance separate from the main house. We can make up a double or two single beds with professionally cleaned linen, and can include a travel cot or a small fold out bed on request.
We are within walking distance to the village of Tintern and although steep, it doesn’t take long – just allow a little longer to walk back! Tintern is steeped in history with an abundance of historic sites (including the famous Tintern Abbey, dating to the 12th century AD), stunning walks and cycle tracks. Tintern hosts a lovely range of pubs and eateries (when open) to cater for your every need.
Linen and towels are provided. A welcome pack will be emailed before your stay and you can choose to add on some extras including breakfast and BBQ packs and activities based at Hill Farm. Please print your welcome pack to bring, or ensure you have access via your phone or laptop.
You can make your own meals using our kitchenette, or take a walk or drive into Tintern which when open, offers a variety of pubs and restaurants.
Please ensure you bring all the food and drink you need during your stay, as there are limited shops open due to Covid-19. The nearest shop is Llandogo and a supermarket in Monmouth and Chepstow.
There is a small shower and separate toilet room, and we also provide a table and chairs, TV, and kitchenware. Outside is a small private patio where you to sit and admire the views, and we can also help you get a fire burning outside upon request. In the Autumn/Winter months, we have a great heating system to keep you warm and cosy.
We have received excellent feedback from our guests and we are dog friendly.
Our self contained room is attached to the main house but is self contained, secure and has separate access. Optional self check in and check out available. The key is stored in a key safe outside room and code with be given upon booking.
Other things to note
• Check in: 4pm
• Check out: 10am
If you have any further questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or Call Hayley on 07826-557211.
2021 Booking Calendar
Open from 1st April 2021
£95 per night, minimum 2 nights stay.
We are currently charging a 25% booking deposit, with the remaining balance charged 10 days before check-in. Click here for full terms and conditions
- Wood bags for the open fire – Available from Hill Farm
- Locally sourced breakfast pack: £10 each, pre-order when booking. 4 pork sausages (gluten free option available), 4 slices thick cut back bacon, 4 eggs
- Locally Sourced BBQ Pack: £16 each, pre-order when booking. 2 burgers (pork or lamb), 4 pork sausages (gluten free option available), 2 chops (pork or lamb) – If required, you will be contacted after booking to confirm you choice of meat.
- Pizza’s Nights from June to October – Tuesday and Saturday night. £15 adult, £8 Child including freshly picked salad (depending on when you stay)
- Sauna: £50 for 2 hours (thoroughly cleaned in between guests with a gap in between bookings)
- Sauna and hot tub experience: £250 (available first come first served restricted to 1 family per session. Only 1 session available Mon-Thurs and Fri-Sun. Thoroughly cleaned in between guests with a gap in between bookings)
- Woodland Yoga: £30 for a one hour session for your group (socially distanced in our wonderful woodland)
- Shinrin Yoku (Forest Bathing): Various Packages available: https://forestretreats.co.uk/shinrin-yoku/
Accommodation Terms & Conditions can be read here: hillfarmtintern.co.uk/accommodation-terms-conditions/