Breathtaking Views in Peaceful Surroundings
Wake up to the bird song and enjoy your morning cup of tea or coffee overlooking the spectacular Wye Valley by taking time out and enjoying a minibreak in our self contained “Room with a View” at Hill Farm, Tintern.
Our secluded self-contained room is ideal for guests who want to take time out to reconnect with nature and enjoy the peace and serenity of The Wye Valley.
Our room with a view has all the amenities to make your stay as comfortable as possible including a kitchenette, toilet, shower and private entrance separate from the main house. We can make up a double or two single beds, and provide all linen and towels. You can make your own meals using our kitchenette, or take a walk or drive into Tintern which when open, offers a variety of pubs and restaurants. There is a small shower and separate toilet room, and we also provide a table and chairs, TV, and kitchenware. Outside is a small private patio where you to sit and admire the views, and we can also help you get a fire burning outside upon request. In the Autumn/Winter months, we have a great heating system to keep you warm and cosy.
We are within walking distance to the village of Tintern and although steep, it doesn’t take long and just allow a little longer to get back! Tintern is steeped in history with an abundance of historic sites (including the famous Tintern Abbey), stunning walks and cycle tracks and a range of pubs and eateries (when open) cater for your every need.
Please ensure you bring all the food and drink you need during your stay, as there are limited shops open due to Covid-19. The nearest shop is Llandogo and a supermarket in Monmouth and Chepstow.
Before you stay we will email you a welcome pack with all the information you will need during your stay and with a contact telephone number if you need to talk to us before visiting or during your stay. Due to Covid Restrictions and for your safety, we are putting measures in place to reduce contact. There is a self check in and check out system using a key lock and the code will be confirmed upon booking.
We have been advised to take non-essential items out of the room so please either print your welcome pack to bring, or ensure you have access via your phone or laptop. Please bring extra blankets, games, torches, tea, biscuits, coffee and anything else for your comfort during your stay. We offer extras such as a breakfast pack to be delivered down to your room during your stay, respecting social distance rules.
Our 15-acre house, land and woodlands are situated up a forestry track, which is a little bumpy but gives the location a sense of remoteness.
Sleeps up to 2 people, and dogs welcome. There is also space for a travel cot or fold out bed. Please confirm this upon booking.
The space is self contained with own toilet, shower room, kitchenette and bedding is included.
Summer Season 2020
4th July – 13th September 2020
£75 a night, minimum 2 nights stay.
Autumn 2020 to Spring 2021
13th September 2020 – April 2021
£70 per night, minimum 2 nights stay.
We are currently charging a £20 booking deposit, with the remaining balance charged 10 days before check-in. Click here for full terms and conditions
Please call or email before to discuss availability.
- Wood bags for the open fire: £5 – purchasable during your stay
- Locally sourced breakfast pack for 4 people (Bacon, Sausage, Eggs, Tomatoes, Mushrooms, Bread): £18.50
- BBQ Pack (locally sourced, to be purchased on site)
- Pizza’s – Tuesday and Saturday night. £10 adult, £5 Child including freshly picked salad (depending on when you stay)
- Sauna: £50 for 2 hours (thoroughly cleaned in between guests with a gap in between bookings)
- Sauna and hot tub experience: £200 (available first come first served restricted to 1 family per session. Only 1 session available Mon-Thurs and Fri-Sun. Thoroughly cleaned in between guests with a gap in between bookings)
- Woodland Yoga £25 for a one hour session for your group (socially distanced in our wonderful woodland)
- Shinrin Yuku £100 for 3 hours for your group. More info – https://forestretreats.co.uk/shinrin-yoku/
Accommodation Terms & Conditions can be read here hillfarmtintern.co.uk/accommodation-terms-conditions/